Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Is your ability to create Art a gift? Or do you have to work at it to make it a talent??

Throughout the years I have gotten myself into a lot of little arguments over this issue.  When someone says they like my artwork. Of course I say " Thank you!" But then, when they say you have such a wonderful gift. I tend to be a little apprehensive because I feel a gift is something that is giving to you. A gift of God would be life itself. That's a gift. The gift of sight, hearing , feelings, etc...  To me, talent is something that I have to work hard at to perfect. To make it look easy in someone else eyes. Im sorry but I have to work hard to create my artwork and yes some aspect of my art comes easy. But it's all about the dedication it took to create that aspect easy.

2 comments:

  1. Couldn't agree more Joe! The dedication required to create what you do is astonishing.

    ReplyDelete